How to set up business as a partnership in Spain…
A partnership is formed of two or more people and no minimum investment is required. Any debts or financial obligations are divided between the members of the partnership. To set up a partnership, the following steps will need to be completed:
- Sign a partnership agreement (contrato de constitución) before a notary
- Register to pay IAE (Impuesto de Actividades Económicas)
- Register a declaration for starting a business (Declaración Censal de Inicio de Actividad). This can be done at the tax office (Delegación de Hacienda).
- Register for social security
- If there are business premises, the person must apply for an opening licence (Licencia Municipal de Apertura) at the Town Hall
Note: The partnership agreement is not compulsory. However, if the partners choose to sign a partnership agreement, the company name must include Sociedad Civil.