Information for gay, bisexual and transgender men and women living in Spain, including details of social groups and events…
Gay Information and Guides
- GayinSpain.com is a comprehensive guide to gay resources in Spain, providing regional directories of gay restaurants, bars, beaches, accommodation and shops
- Gayiberia.com is a gay online guide to Spain, providing regional directories
- Gay Times is one of Europe’s leading gay magazines
Casal Lambda: Gay and lesbian association in Spain offering a space for meetings for gays and lesbians, as well as a centre for information and documentation. It offers counselling and information, promotes meetings, associations and solidarity among gays and lesbians and works to make public institutions, political parties and society in general aware of gay and lesbian concerns.
- Casal Lambda
At: Verdaguer I Callis, 10, 08003 Barcelona
Tel: 933 195 550
Fax: 933 103 035
- FELGTB (Federación Estatal de Lesbianas, Gays, Transexuales y Bisexuales) – in Spanish
Umbrella group for regional associations
Gay and Lesbian Travel in Spain
- Travels with Friends is a gay and lesbian friendly web travel planner for Europe. The website includes information on destinations and packages in Spain.
- Spartacus International Gay Guidebook for gay travel and tourism in Europe and Spain. See SpartacusWorld.com for more information.
Age of Consent
The age of consent in Spain is 16. Homosexual acts have been legal in Spain since 1822 (with the exception of the offence of “habitual homosexual acts” in the years 1928-32).
Same Sex Marriage in Spain
Spanish law has made same sex marriage legal since June 2005. See the section on ‘Same-sex Marriage’ in ‘Marriage & Partnerships’ for more detailed information.